The Secret Life of Cake





My heart belongs to Walter..........Mitty that is.  I have fallen irretrievably in love with this movie, it may even replace Love Actually as my all time favorite feel good, heart swelling, all is right with the world movie.  I have never been a big fan of Ben Stiller but he certainly  nailed it in his directorial debut and captured my heart in this dreamy little film.  It was so refreshing to see Kristen Wiig in a role that scratches the surface of funny but doesn't dig so deep it leaves a mark.  Her heart felt, soft and silly approach to Ben Stillers love interest  Cheryl draws you in and has you cheering for her to succeed right from the start.    I must admit I have watched the film almost a dozen times now, ah Yah!  I said a dozen, now you know my secret shame !






I suppose the attraction for me was the fact that this film hit the sweet spot that currently rules my life.  Seek, find, experience, hold fast, make memories, push the envelope, all things I am determined to do.  The vistas of Iceland are breathtaking, yet another reason to travel there (only a 4 1/2 hour flight from Boston !), you see I thought it was all about hot springs, Blue Lagoons, and Aurora Borealis, oh I was so wrong.  Oh and, watching Sean Penn slowly crook his fingers to draw me in............NEVER will I become tired of that.  Who knew his eyes were such and amazing shade of blue.






For those of you that have seen the film you are very familiar with Walter's Mom's famous dessert.  Clementine cake.  Personally, before the film I had never even heard of Clementine cake.  I have wanted to make this dessert from the first time I laid eyes on it, clementines in a cake ?  oh yes please.  Well today is the day.  Brian has been gone for a few days and will arrive home shortly to this






I haven't cut into and I am just busting at the seams to have a bite !!!


Welcome home Brian !!

See link below for recipe

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/clementine-cake-recipe.html

No comments

Back to Top