Bokehlicious







 Playing around with the camera today.  As all of you in the northeast know we are expecting a foot of snow over the next 24 hours.  If you didn't know this you yankee scoundrels, just take a trip to your nearest  grocery store, and join the throngs preparing for armageddon.  



I was looking on the net for tips on shooting falling snow.  I love those soft still shots of snow falling, you can almost hear the silence.  While searching I came across a term I had never heard before.  Yes true confessions !!  I am a beginner and I make no apologies, learning something new everyday is a gift we give ourselves.   Much to my surprise, after looking through some of our thousands of photos I guess we already knew how to accomplish this term, we just didn't know what it was called.  

BOKEH


" It is Japanese in origin and refers to blur or a blurry quality, and in photography it is a very recognizable technique."





ISO 100   250mm   f/8   1/200

"The wide open aperture creates an even shorter depth of field, and the background that we have already forced into a blur is going to become even more unrecognizable and dotted with brilliant points of light. This is what is referred to commonly as good bokeh."
this is a quote from this very helpful photography link:

http://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/what-is-the-bokeh-effect-in-photography/









No comments

Back to Top