The New Year is At Hand





After taking the ornaments off the tree yesterday it occurred to me that, Christmas is over,  there are no more excuses for eating whatever I want.  A sad thought yes, but I have been eating so many things I should not thinking to my self that "its Christmas, I should celebrate."  After all this bad weather we have been having in the northeast, ice storms , snow storms and bitterly cold weather I have literally been trapped inside for days.  Well the combination of immobility and bad food has made me feel so sluggish and lazy that I vowed I would get out side today and MOVE.  
I was up early, thank you Hazel, and dragged myself out to shovel the driveway.  The sun was bright the air was crisp, the snow was sparkling, what a gift to myself to get out into it all.  The fresh air renewed me, I had a  glow in my cheeks and I was eager for the day.  I managed to get the camera out into the stunning morning as well and got some shots in.










The next gift to myself will be clean healthy food, I have fed my soul today with all the beauty of the outdoors and I vow to feed my body as well.  Fast forward to the VitaMix !!  Love this machine for smoothies.



Here's the recipe.

The Super Green



Detox with celery and parsley that act as diuretics to help rinse toxins.  Kale and mango are super foods bursting with nutrition.

Serves 2

1 1/4 cups chopped kale leaves
1 1/4 cups frozen mango
2 medium ribs celery, chopped
1 cup chilled tangerine or orange juice
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint

 combine all ingredients in blender until smooth
makes two helpings 160 cal


No comments

Back to Top