Happy Birthday Lindsey


Twenty eight years ago today I was about to embark on something that would change my life, who I was, and what I believed was really important.  I was about to meet a woman that would steal my heart, make me laugh, make me cry, show me great  wisdom, and sometimes poor judgement, she would swell my heart to bursting with pride, and break my heart when hers was troubled.
 I had no idea on the morning  I laid her down to take this photo at sunrise who she was to become.   What would her dreams be ??  Would she like me ?  Will I be a good Mom ?  Oh My God !!  I 'm going to be a MOM !
Fast forward to 2011.  My daughter Lindsey has taught me so much.  When I look closely at her I cannot see any outward marks left by my mistakes, and when I talk with her and spend time with her it seems her soul is unblemished.  I do not and will not take any praise for who she has become,  Lindsey accomplished that with very little help from me.  I see now a much more  self assured young woman, a woman who knows herself much better than she once did.  This is something so many woman do not find or even seek till much later in life.  I am so proud to be her Mom, I am eager to see where life will lead from here.


Happy Birthday Lindsey Mae











1 comment

  1. [hmmm... don't see that my comment actually posted, so at the risk of repeating myself, I'll try again]

    What a wonderful woman you have created, dear Anna! As a fellow human being, I thank you for sharing her with the world. sending you a big hug from Massachusetts and wondering what's on your needles these days? xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top